Saturday 15 April 2017

Bunny Butt Bunting


Hi Folks, Laura here.  I've been playing with a cute free cut file from UK Scrap Addicts.  It's designed by my friend Emma and she called it Bunny Butt - what's not to love?!


I set my Silhouette Cameo to cut a warren of rabbits and set about making some bunting for Easter.


I started off with my ribbon - Swiss Dots Organza ribbon in a colourway exclusive to Crafty Ribbons.  I matched my watercolours to the dots on the ribbon and messily splashed paint over the bunnies.  When that was dry I splattered a load of gold ink over them.  It kind of looks like the mottled eggshells on Mini Eggs!


I pulled a few felt hearts from SpiegelMom Scraps and a handful of paperclips and clipped the bunnies at a regular-ish distance apart across the ribbon.  Really simple.  Well, I struggled with a few of the paperclips, actually, but it should have been simple!!


I don't have a good place to hang bunting to photograph it, so this is the best I can offer for a hanging photo...


Cute, huh?  Here is the process video:



Thanks for joining me today.  Happy Easter!

No comments: