Sunday 18 February 2018

Silk Leaves on a Scrapbook Layout


Hi Guys!  Laura here today with a scrapbook layout.

This project started with one idea, circled through a couple more ideas and ended up being one of my favourite creations so far this year.


I started with some heart confetti cut on my Silhouette Cameo and Rose Gold Red Vibez from Shimmerz.  I was inspired by my friend Mary to have a good at a bokeh-type background.  You can see how in the video posted below.


That was just playing with no plan in place for the finished piece.  I decided to go the ribbon route and make it a DT piece for Crafty Ribbons.  I picked a few ribbons and dyed them with the same spray.


I then decided it needed some green, and what better than some silk leaves...


I also added silk twists to the centre of my vellum flower.  I'd have used french knots if I knew how to do them ;)


I used the following ribbons from Crafty Ribbons:  Organza Swiss Dots; Seam Binding; Silk Ribbons.


Here is the process:



Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

No comments: